Thursday, November 11, 2010

THE JACK IN THE BOX!!

Something that caught my attention in this chapter was about a local restaurant called Jack in the Box. An outbreak began of food poisoning and officials traced it to this restaurant. They were cooking undercooked hamburgers, and  Around this time approximately two hundred people were sick and had to be hospitalized, and sadly four people died most of these victims were children. A girl named Lauren Beth Rudolph ate one hamburger from jack in the box a week before Christmas she was sent to the hospital on Christmas eve she suffered terrible pains and has three heart attacks dies in her MOTHER’S ARMS on December 28,1992..She was also six years old
          The quotation I decide to use which is on pg 199 is “The jack in the box chain almost went out of business amid all the publicity” the reason why I chose this quotation is because how after all the outbreaks why didn’t the F.D.A or the government or someone say we are going to stop serving this its causing too much of a destruction. This right here really caught my eye how can people died and get terrible sick that not even the company has any pity this is what is exactly going on right now with the obesity aned to this day people are still getiing sick thousands of have been hospitalizad, and hundreds died  

3 comments:

  1. that is sick..no comments ..i think you cover the topic well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe that in the quote it states that Jack In the Box almost went out of business, like that is the part we should be focusing on? They should have shut the place down immediately for serving food that contaminated so many people. I think its sad that a little girl died and nothing is being done about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember first hearing about this case of about Jack in the Box when I was in middle school and still to this day I have never gone there to eat. No matter how funny or clever their commercials are I don't think I will ever eat there. I don't know exactly how Jack in the Box was penalized and it may be a bit harsh but seeing as they are still making millions, they have not been punished enough. I don't think there is a price that can be put on a 6 year olds life, but I really do hope her family is sitting on at least 3% of their total profits.
    It really is hard to think of a solution without just joining the vegan bandwagon and stuffing your face with greens, but what do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete